Processed, junk, and sugary food change the pH levels in the body which result in health disorders, such as distortion in the immune system, obesity, cancer, and heart disease. Our body is alkaline in nature, and our main role is to keep them like that. So, in order to achieve that, we recommend the consumption of the following 15 alkaline foods:
- Spinach – It destroys the free radicals, strengthens the heart, and improves the brain function and memory. It contains low levels of cholesterol and fats, but it is rich in vitamins A, C, K, B6, and minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, and iron.
- Lemons – The lemon juice lowers the risk of stroke and treat kidney stones. It fights against cancer, reduce high blood pressure, and prevent constipation. It is rich in vitamins E, A, C, B6, and minerals including calcium, zinc, potassium, riboflavin, and copper.
- Quinoa – It’s the richest food in proteins and contains fiber, manganese, iron, magnesium, lysine, and riboflavin.
- Swiss Chard – It improves the heart and blood circulation. It prevents the body from viruses, free radicals, and harmful bacteria. It’s the richest source of alkali from all foods.
- Buckwheat – It improves the function of the heart, boost energy levels, and prevent diabetes. It’s the optimal meal for the cold days in winter since it warms up the body and it’s rich in vitamins, protein, and iron.
- Melon – It cleanses all bodily toxins and hydrates your body. It has 8.5 pH value and high content of water.
- Olive oil – It lowers the risk of heart stroke and regulates the sugar levels in the blood. It’s rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
- Bananas – They balances the sugar levels in the blood and improve the digestive system. It’s high in fiber, potassium, vitamins B, manganese, and magnesium.
- Flaxseed – These seeds reduce inflammation and control the hot menopause flashes. It’s rich in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin E.
- Cauliflower – It improves the heart health thanks to its anti-inflammatory features. One serving of cauliflower has 77% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C. It’s rich in riboflavin, magnesium, potassium, vitamin K, manganese, and thiamin.
- Avocados – It absorbs the essential nutrients from the fruit and the veggies and controls the cholesterol levels. It’s rich in fiber and monounsaturated fatty acids, as well.
- Grapes – They reduce hypertension and anxiety. They prevent lung, colon, prostate, esophageal, endometrial, pancreatic, and mouth cancer thanks to its polyphenols.
- Carrots – Thanks to their beta-carotene content, they improve your eyesight and your thought process. They are rich in vitamins K, A. C, B8, fiber, iron, and potassium.
- Broccoli – Being abundant in iron, it improves the blood circulation and the bones, and reduces cholesterol levels. Broccoli fights against cancer because it’s rich in fiber, copper, vitamin K, B6, C, E, and potassium.
- Berries – They slow down the aging process and improve skin elasticity. They treat chronic disorders, boost memory, and improve digestion thanks to the high amount of antioxidants and fiber.