A common problem for both women and men from all over the world are varicose veins. It is an issue that occurs when pressure is placed upon blood vessels or veins that later result in the pooling of blood and bulging of the nearby veins.
Varicose veins begin to notice when the veins are not functioning properly or when they become weak. The one-way valves in the veins that have a function of preventing the blood from flowing backwards eventually stop working and the blood beings to collect in certain areas rather than continuing towards the heart.
However the varicose veins are mainly noticeable on the legs since gravity makes it harder for the blood that is furthest away to flow upwards.
But what causes varicose veins? Well, some potential varicose veins-causing factors are:
- Hormone imbalance
- Standing for a long period of time
However just as every other health issue that nature has a cure for – it has a cure for varicose veins also.
Let’s start with the foods you need to consume first.
- Chia and Flaxseeds provide fiber and omega-3 fats that reduce the stress in the veins and consuming berries alongside these two foods will help strengthen the veins.
- Also foods that are high in fiber will provide relieve from constipation because sometimes constipation causes pressure on the veins. Try to consume at least 30 grams of fiber on daily basis.
- To improve the overall circulation in your body, try squeezing Cayenne pepper somewhere in-between your diet.
- A daily dose of vitamin E will prevent your blood from clotting and it will improve circulation. Try consuming sunflowers, almonds, seeds and green vegetables.
Foods That Trigger Varicose Veins
- Trans fats – they cause inflammation
- Sugars – they lead to weight gain
- Caffeine – dehydrates and worsens varicose veins
- Alcohol – also dehydrating and inflammatory
- Processed foods – they have low nutritional value and increase toxins in the body
Here Are the TOP 5 Natural Remedies for Varicose Veins
#1 “Horse chest-nut” (100 mg. Per day)
-Strengthens the veins and reduces swelling.
#2 “Butcher’s broom” (200 mg. Per day)
-Helps reduce inflammation of the veins.
#3 Grape seed extract (200 mg. Per day)
Also strengthens the veins.
#4 “Bilberry” (160 mg 2x Per day)
Helps improve circulation.
#5 Vitamin E (400 IU Per day)
Prevents blood clogs.
Plus-One Bonus Remedy!
Mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with witch hazel and applying the mixture on the affected areas can decrease the appearance of the varicose veins.
Oils That Help With Varicose Veins
One of the best natural treatments for varicose veins is the Cypress essential oil. Just like the remedies above, it improves circulation and supports the circulatory system and aside from that, it is easy to use. Just rub 5 drops of the oil on the affected area 2 times a day.