Maintaining a good balance of the pH levels in our body is highly important for our overall well-being. Many people have revolved their whole lifestyles and diet around these pH levels since even a small imbalance can have a great impact on the human health, which is why it is so important to always keep a track and keep our pH levels in check.
Raw Food Health published an article which states that the human body goes to extreme lengths to maintain alkaline pH of 7.35, but stressful lifestyle and jobs followed by an unhealthy diet can change our health alkaline pH into an acidic one – which is where the diseases thrive.
It is true that maintaining an alkaline environment in today’s world is very hard since we are all sometimes fooled by unhealthy fast foods, microwave meals and processed foods which are all filled with chemicals and toxins.
An unhealthy diet like this creates an acidic environment which raises the risk of cancer as well as other serious and deadly health issues.
Therefore, it is of high importance to follow a healthy, alkaline diet to restore the balance in the body, accelerate healing, and support your well-being.
In today’s article, we are going to provide you with some important info on how to restore and maintain a healthy pH level alkaline body environment that will prevent and fight inflammation as well as other serious health conditions. So without further ado, let us dive in!
- First off, you should base your alkaline diet on organic and leafy vegetables such as herbs and spices, beans, seeds, nuts, lentils, garlic, peas, onions, chives, cabbages, broccoli and root vegetables.
- You can consume as much fruits and vegetables as you like, as long as you consume 2-4 ounces of grass-fed meat and clean fish 2-3 times a week.
- This one might sound overused but you need to avoid sugar. Cancer cells use glucose to grow and thrive. Also sugar reduces the magnesium content which allows the cancer cells to grow faster. Even natural sugars such as honey and agave should be avoided. Consume unsweetened apple sauce, dried apricots, pineapple or figs as an alternative.
- Professor T. Colin Campbell, Ph. D from Cornell University Cow has conducted a study that connected dairy products directly to the cause of cancer because of the casein protein it contains. So put short, avoid dairy products since they are high in acid production and can cause inflammation, deterioration of bones and proliferation of cancer.
- We all know that glutinous grains cause inflammation. Therefore avoid any foods that contain gluten and instead replace them with non-gluten grains such as buckwheat, rice and millet. When shopping for food, search for the label “gluten-free” to make sure you’re getting what you’re looking for.