Color, shape, thickness … it all nail properties that can point to a lot of health problems.
They may be warning of some serious health issues. Color irregularity , stains , the thickness of the nails can be a warning to some internal problems.
- The color of nails – Healthy nails should be pink and white with a white crescent of the nail root. Green nails are a sign of a bacterial infection. The red lines on nails are a sign of a problem with the heart. Turn blue nails show that you shortage of oxygen in the blood. Lifeless nails are a sign of a lack of vitamins. White nails warn you that you may have a problem with the liver, and the dark spots on the top of the nails are a sign of aging.
- Thick nails – Thick nails are not natural nor common. If your nails significantly gain weight that may be associated with lung problems. Thick nails with grooves can mean a yeast infection, and separated nail, crackling in the middle may indicate a problem with the thyroid gland. Unusually thick nails are the result of poor circulation.
- Cracked nails – Leafy nails regularly and cracking due to a lack of folic acid, vitamin C and protein. Psoriasis as a phenomenon in 10 percent of cases start in the nail root and have white spots. Leafy nails sometimes associated with chronic nourishment.
- Curved Nails – If your nails are curved outwards and create a shape reminiscent of a spoon and therefore even thinner , it can be a sign of iron deficiency or too much iron or a heart disease.
- Groove nails – This unpleasant phenomenon indicates psoriasis or disease causing hair loss.