Even though cashew nuts are considered as one of the most useful and healthiest foods in the world, unfortunately, only a very small percentage of natural medicines comprehensive’s database is dedicated to this great nut. Cashew nuts requite hot and humid climate in order to grow. This is the number one reason why some countries, like Nigeria, Brazil, Mozambique and Tanzania are the largest Cashew Nuts producers in the world.
5 Cashew Nuts Health Benefits
- These nuts contain an abundance of calories. 50 grams of cashew nuts possess about 275 calories. In addition, they are also rich in minerals, vitamins, numerous phytochemicals that are able to prevent severe diseases, including cancers and soluble dietary fiber.
- Cashew nuts are also packed with monounsaturated fatty acids, such as oleic and palmitoleic acids, which are great when it comes to maintain heart’s health. These belong in the essential fatty acids group, which can decrease levels of harmful cholesterol (LDL) as well as increase the levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. Scientific studies proved that the Mediterranean diet, which is well known and gives great results, based mostly on these monounsaturated fatty acids, can help the organism to protect itself from coronary artery disease as well as and strokes by supporting blood lipid profile.
- These healthy and tasty nuts are also filled with essential minerals. Among the most useful and healthiest minerals, which can be found in the cashew nuts are magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, iron and selenium. If you consume just one handful of cashew nuts on a daily basis you will able to provide the necessary amount of all of the abovementioned minerals, thus protect your organism from any kind of deficiency-related diseases. Selenium, which is a highly important micronutrient, works as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzymes, like Glutathione peroxides, which is well known as one of the most beneficial and strongest antioxidants in the organism. Zinc, on the other hand, can play the exact same role with the enzymes that are responsible for regulation of the entire digestion progress, gonadal function and DNA synthesis. Copper can also act as a co-factor for numerous important enzymes, such as superoxide dismutase and cytochrome c-oxidase.
- Cashew nuts can be pretty useful due to the numerous essential vitamins they contain, such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), riboflavin and thiamin (vitamin B11). Just 3.5 Oz (100 grams) of cashew nuts can and will provide approximately 30% of the daily recommended amount of B6 (that is about 0.147 mg). Vitamin B6 can significantly decrease the chances of developing sideroblastic and homocystinuria anemia. On the other hand, niacin can improve the protection against pellagra or dermatitis. In addition to that, the aforementioned vitamins are crucial for protein, carbohydrates and fat metabolism on a cellular level.
- Furthermore, cashews nuts also contain very small amount of zeaxanthin. Zeaxanthin is highly important pigment of flavonoid antioxidant. It is selectively absorbed into the retinal macula in our eyes. It is strongly believed that it can provide antioxidants and protective UV rays filtering features. It can also protect us from ARMD, which is also known as “age-related macular degeneration” and usually old people suffer from it.
Besides all of the abovementioned benefits, Cashew Nuts are also considered to be one of the, if not, the best alternative treatment against depression.
How to Treat Depression Naturally – A Basic Guide to Cashew Nutrition
One of the best ways to introduce your body to tryptophan, an amino acid our body needs and is of vital significance, is by consuming cashew nuts. The positive effect are many, and here are some that are most significant, such as, it regulates the mood, helps with stress and anxiety, balances the behavior, helps to sleep properly, regulates the children’s growth and also really important cashew nuts are so tasty. The amount of tryptophan is between 1000 mg and 2000 in only two handfuls. This amount is usually the amount prescribed to cure depression. Can you imagine the potential cashews have if taken on a regular basis? If taking counter drugs to help you with depression, side effect are usually a must. By consuming cashew the side effect are close to zero. Of course, the information about how healthy cashews are is carefully hidden by the big corporative establishments and pharmaceutical moguls in order to raise and keep the high prices of medicine. The meetings that the Drug Information Association (DIA) have every year, were also attended by the FDA deputy commissioner for Policy’s David Adams, He says that we must pay attention of the labels that the pharmaceutical drugs have, and to keep an eye to the new laws that are taking place regarding the supplements that are added in them. If a loophole is found in the regulations about alternative medicine, new products may enter the drugs market and keep accountable the corporations in order to regulate the supplements.
The FDA Dietary Task Force, in the report they released, said that the production of medicaments and drugs will not be jeopardized by the existence of the dietary supplement simply because the pharmaceutical establishment is mega business.
Because of the fear that they will lose huge amount of money, the FDA and the pharmaceutical mega companies are hiding these types of information that makes healthy and safe natural cures “not existent “ or “not achievable” .
The only side effects that can result from consuming cashew nuts it will be only connected to nuts allergies. Nuts allergies can be found with children and adults as well, and if not ware or not treated can cause significant body and health damage. This allergy can be also connected with peanuts, walnuts, and any types of nuts. Usually reminiscence of nuts can be found in candies, ice cream, Asian delights, cakes and nutria-bars. In case of any side effects, consult with a professional medical doctor. If allergy free, take some cashew nuts and enjoy.