All of us is aware that the breakfast is the most important meal. That’s the reason why having oatmeal for breakfast is extremely beneficial for you. Although they look plain, oats are so nutritious and healthy. People knew the healthy characteristics of oatmeal and for centuries, and because of that, they have used them for medicinal needs. Oats improve skin, nerves, and solve digestion problems.
These Health benefits You Get If You Include Oatmeal in The Diet
Only half cup of oatmeal contains 13 grams of protein. You need only ¼ cup of oatmeal to satisfy 100% of the daily recommended manganes intake. Oatmeal is high in selenium, antioxidants, tocotrienols, vitamin E, phytic acids, phenolic acid, biotin, copper, Vitamin B1, phosphorus, molybdenum, phytonutrients, and magnesium.
This Is What Will Happen To Youd Body If You Consume Oatmeal On a Daily Basis
Eating oatmeal will give you the capacity to prevent obesity and weight gain. At the same time, it will make you feel full because of the dietary fiber. Oatmeal will give you the energy which will last for a long period of time and control sugar levels in the blood, as well. That’s because of the low glycemic impact (GI). Balancing the levels of sugar in the blood is extremely important for people suffering of diabetes. Low levels of sugar in the blood cause food cravings. GI reduces such cravings and promotes weight loss. Consumption of oatmeal will lower the daily intake of calories and keep you full throughout the day.
Some Other Health Benefits of Oatmeal:
Oatmeal provides numerous important health benefits. Take a look at the following list:
– Lowers the high levels of cholesterol
– Reduces the risk of heart attack and heart disease
– Strengthen the immune system
– Controls the levels of sugar in the blood
– Lowers the risk of diabetes
– Fights against breast cancer
– Fights against asthma
– Prolongs the life
There exists a few types of processed oats. This is what you have to know about them:
– Oat groats originates from a whole oat kernels. They contain bran, the cereal germ, and endosperm.
– Steel-cut oats are chopped into two or more pieces. They are chewy and have dense texture.
– Rolled oats, also know as old-fashioned oats, are flat and round.
– Quick-cooking oats are cut into small pieces on a specialized granulator mill.
– Oat bran is composed of the hard layer of the grain.
All of them can be used for making delicious breakfast. When it comes to healthiness, follow this rule: the healthier food is the one which is the least processed. Use steel-cut because it provides the most benefits. Or, you can add it into shakes, smoothies, yogurt, or you can baked it in pancakes, cookies, or muffins. Oatmeal might be a great substitution for flours in bread and sweets.