– It is good to know that consuming smaller amounts of coffee, several times a day, is much healthier and better for your energy and concentration than the consumption of coffee in large quantities.
– Green tea soothes and improves concentration, while black tea improves mood. Tea, as well as coffee, contains caffeine in smaller quantities. Caffeine accelerates metabolism and gives you energy.
– Most diets limit the consumption of carbohydrates, but they are very important if you want to enjoy a good mood. Carbohydrates should not be entered in the organism through sweet desserts, but through good sources of it, such as grains, legumes and brown rice.
– Nuts, such as walnuts, almonds or Brazilian tree nuts contain a lot of magnesium. Magnesium plays a major role when it comes to converting sugar into energy. Nuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that are believed to help in the fight against depression. They are beneficial for the heart, brain as well as in prevention of some cancers.
– Spinach contains folic acid which is known to reduce the risk of depression. If you feel sleepy, your energy drops and you cannot concentrate (usually around 4 pm), you should immediately make a fresh spinach salad in order to change your health condition to better.
– Salmon is one of the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids and consumption of omega-3 fatty acids helps in the prevention and treatment of clinical depression. Omega-4 fatty acids also have the ability to reduce anxiety, anger and irritability.
– Consumption of chocolate improves mood, and because it contains caffeine, this ingredient increases energy as well. Only a few cubes of dark chocolate are sufficient for your brain to start producing endorphins and increase the levels of serotonin, also known as the hormone of happiness.