If you are concerned about your overall health, you have probably heard of the herb horseradish tree, a tree that grows in parts of Africa and Asia. Each part of this herb is eatable; the fruit, flower root and everything else is eatable and are very commonly used when preparing sweets in South India due to its unique flavor.
The horseradish plant contains three times more iron compared to spinach and is a real source of protein, which makes this herb great due to its range of health benefits:
- The seeds of the plant are used to produce oil similar to olive oil when it comes to terms of nutrition. Also, oil is rich in antioxidants and its shelf life is unlimited.
- Horseradish tree tea has the ability to increase the level of energy and it can be great substitute for coffee. When compared to carrots, horseradish tree contains four times more vitamin A. Also, this plant is a great source of beta-carotene.
- Researches have shown that this plant, as an addition to diet, is significantly better than other vitamins and supplements available on the market. This is all die to the fact that it does not contain synthetic compounds.
- Also, horseradish tree contains twice as much protein, by gram, than regular plain yogurt and four times more calcium, by gram, compared to milk. It possesses three times more calcium, by gram, compared to bananas and seven times more vitamin C than oranges.
- Besides all horseradish tree’s benefits, there are numerous claims from scientists saying the plant also possesses anti-cancer properties. In fact, the plant contains various anti-cancer compounds. It is good in the fight against ovarian cancer, liver cancer and lung cancer.
- The list of health benefits does not end here. The plant is also used as a water purifier, improving lactation and it is also a powerful skin cleaner. It can also be used to treat wounds, insect bites and burns.
The most important thing is that horseradish tree does not possess any side effects and is perfectly safe for children, pregnant women as well as for grownups.