The most common among men. Ingrown inner edges of the nail into the surrounding skin toes is painful. Tight or uncomfortable shoes increase the risk of ingrown.
Nail – Ingrowing toenail in meat bends on one or both sides and cutting into the surrounding skin, causing pain, inflammation and sometimes infection. Small nails in a very meaty fingers are good predisposition. Thumb is particularly sensitive to uncomfortable shoes that squeeze improperly specialy cutted nail. In some cases, violations may result in the transformation of the nail and the skin partially overlap. Poor foot hygiene can also increase the risk of infection, which can lead to inflammation.
Symptoms of ingrowing – pain, redness and swelling around the fingernail, cracked skin at the edge of the nail, from leaking clear fluid, pus or blood. You should consult your doctor immediately if you notice that your nails began to grow into the flesh because it is possible that you catch toe inflammation.
How is it treated? – The pain from nail grows into the flesh, can relieve daily by submerging feet in warm salt water and taking painkillers. Affected nail should protect covering it with sterile dry gauze. If your nail get infection, the doctor will prescribe you antibiotics.
Two simple measures can help prevent ingrown nail again in the flesh:
- Keep your feet clean and wear shoes of the correct size.
- The nails on the toes cut down straight, not curved along the edge to prevent ingrowth into the meat.
How can you help yourself?
- Inspect the skin around the nail to see if they intersects the nail skin.
- Cut a V-shaped upper edge of the nail to weaken the pressure on his side.
- On the edges of the nail, apply antiseptic cream to prevent infection.
- If there is any sign of redness or pus, lie down feet up. Put the sterile gauze on your fingers.
- Cut nails straight across and not too short. Regular shorten them.
- Make sure your shoes and socks are not too tight – you should have enough room to move your fingers.
- If you nail inflamed, do not wear socks. Cut the top, wear old shoes or sandals until the inflammation is withdrawn.
Treatment, pedicure – Pedicure will cut your nail to prevent further problems. Proper hygiene keeps feet healthy and reduces the risk of ingrown nails.
Removing edges ingrown – Under local anesthesia, the doctor or pedicure will raise parts growing into the flesh and cut them so that in the skin there is nothing left. This will calm the inflammation and the nail bed, help to heal.
Removal of ingrown nails – Perhaps will be necessary surgery for ingrown nails into the flesh. Your finger will be cleaned under anesthesia and antiseptic agent. Nail or part of the nail will be removed and on the exposed tray will be placed phenol to close the blood vessels. It is desirable 24 hours after surgery to walk, the wound should heal completely within a week.