Our kidneys are one of the most precious and most important organs we have. They are essential for our survival as they perform important functions such as cleansing our blood and flushing our toxins which are harmful for our health. This means that maintaining healthy kidneys is highly important under any circumstances.
In order to take proper care of our kidneys, it is required that we avoid alcohol, junk food, unfiltered water and consuming strong medications which harm our kidneys.
Down below we have provided a list of medications which you must avoid as they have been known for causing kidney damage and even kidney failure in some cases!
- Analgesic (aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen)
- Antibiotics (ciprofloxacin, methicillin, sulphonamides, vancomycun)
- High Blood Pressure drugs such as Captopril
- Antiviral drugs (tenofovir and indinavir)
- Drugs used during Chemotherapy (cisplatin, pamidronate, quinine, interferons, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, mitomycin C as well as anti-thyroid drugs such as propylthiouracil.
- COX-2 inhibitols such as valdecoxib, celecoxib and rofecoxib.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis drugs such as infliximab (Remicade), Hydroxycholoroquine and Chloroquine.
- Anticonvulsants (trimethadione, phenytoin).
- Drugs used in the treatment of Heart Burns such as omeprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, pantoprazole and esemeprazole.
- Bipolar Disorder drug such as Lithium.