Poppy seed is what we derive the processing of poppy plant. Poppy seeds can use as a tasty addition to sweets, all kinds of main dishes, spice combined with cheese, eggs, cakes, sweet pastries, bread, sauces for meat and fish, vegetables and pasta. (Papaver somniferum). These seeds contain no narcotic properties. They are small and deformed in shape, black and blue in color and taste like nuts. Moreover, the poppy is very healthy.
In India, the seeds of poppy has been used in dal riata for pickles, or popular Indian specialty “tadka”. The poppy is cultivated more than 3,000 years. During the second millennium, women cultivated poppy blossoms due to the exceptional medical components (of poppy makes morphine).
Muslim and Arab countries used as a medicine and drug during the 6th century. The seeds of the poppy is grown in many European nations and countries, and cultivated outside Europe such as Australia, Turkey and India. Apart from being used as an additive for food, seed and oil is made which has high nutritional qualities.
People usually express concern when it comes to the narcotic properties of the plant, from which deriviraat poppy seeds. While it is true that the raw and unprocessed seeds of the plant contains alkaloids such as morphine, a drug for pain that creates dependency, processed grains used in any kitchen and no one has ever complained that becomes addictive.
Health benefits of poppy:
- The seeds of poppy is effective in preventing thirst, fever, inflammation, constipation and abdominal irritation.
- The seeds of the poppy is one of the most needed ingredients in modern medicine.
- Poppy seed plays an important role in the daily dose of minerals that should receive. It is rich in iodine, manganese, zinc, magnesium and carbon.
- Poppy oil is useful for the treatment of cancer because it contains monosaturirani fatty acids.
- Poppy seeds adds flavor in bread, cookies, cakes and other foods.
- The seeds can be used as a skin lotion combined with milk. Good moisturizing.
- Poppy seeds contain linoleic acid, which is useful in the prevention of heart disease and abdominal pain.
- The seed is a great deal of fatty acids that are needed for the physiological state of the body. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- The seeds are used as a drug to ease the pain. Help in the treatment of respiratory diseases, infectious diseases, diarrhea, and sleep problems.
- Poppy seeds contain a smaller amount of alkaloids that are used in the treatment of neurological diseases.