As you might already know, butter is made from pasteurized milk, meaning that its content is far from healthy. However the homemade butter recipe we’re going to show you today is healthier than the usual butter found in most stores. The homemade butter contains most of the vitamins and minerals that are found in raw milk. This is of high importance since these properties are essential for the health of our membranes, tissues, teeth, skin and eyes, as well as a critical role in gene transcription.
Believe it or not butter can also protect against cancer and prevent it, due to the fact that it is packed with short and medium chain fatty acids.
Preparing Organic Home Made Butter in 5 Minutes!
Recipe for Organic Butter
Ingredients you’re going to need:
- Sea salt for taste
- 2 cups of Organic Heavy Cream
Start off by putting the cream into the food processor and processing it for about 10 minutes. You’ll get a thick whipped cream and once you do, continue processing the mixture until you notice it’s become grainy. This is when the mixture should separate into buttermilk and butter. Drain the buttermilk from the butter and then rinse the butter with cold water.
As soon as the butter is clean, squeeze the remaining liquid out of it using a wooden spoon. After you’re done with that, store the butter in a glass jar and store it in the fridge. Don’t worry about the shelf life of the homemade butter – it can last for a few months!
However life would be extremely boring without experimenting and getting creative. Here are some of the best natural butter combinations that we’ve dug up just for you:
- Maple syrup, blueberries, orange zest
- Snipped parsley
- Orange zest, dried cranberries and chipped fresh sage
- Chipped Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese
- Sesame oil and Grated ginger
- Snipped fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese
- Honey and chopped pecans
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Lime zest, hot sauce or sriracha, and fresh cilantro
- Chopped garlic, drained, pickled and chipped ginger along with Snipped fresh Thai basil.